Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010


I love the New Year... I love the idea that I have a chance to make up for all the things I failed to accomplish the year before, and so have always made numerous and specific New Year's resolutions. But at the end of the year, I find I always look back only to find I haven't stuck to my guns on anything! It's a bit frustrating (my own fault of course) but I think I have decided upon a new strategy for a new year! Out with the old. In with the New eh?! So instead of making all of these detailed plans for 2010, let the new "me" tradition begin! As of now, and from every year here on out, my New Year's Resolution is this and only this: that I may live each day to the fullest, soak every moment in for what it is, step out of my comfort zone so that I can experience all the things that escape me due to fear, and to live my life as if my days are numbered, because technically EVERYONE'S days ARE numbered, it's just that those with fatal illnesses (may God bless them with comfort and peace) are working on a known time frame, and my number still (thankfully) chooses to remain anonymous. So with each passing 1-1-****, I give thanks for all that I have been allowed to experience, for my wonderful friends who have added unending sweetness to my life, for a husband who is loving, faithful, and supportive, for children who give my life purpose and meaning when on those pessimistic days, I fail to see much else doing so, for parents who continue to be there even when I know they must be tiring of being the Barentine backbone, for passions and talents that God has bestowed making my life richer and more meaningful. Here's to 2010! A chance to live a little more, to breathe another day, to explore this incredible world, to hear another night of rain on the roof, the watch another fantastic lightning storm, to laze beneath another summer sun, and to watch the stars brighten once again in a darkening sky... Cheers to life, love, laughter, and all the many twists and turns it may bring! Happy New Year everyone! May God shine down his love and peace upon you and yours in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment