
I LOVE weekends! I know this is not an unusual thing ;) but being as I am a stay-at-home mom, most would probably say, "What's the difference if it's not a day off?" The reason I love them so much though, is because my daughter is out of school, and as chance would have it, my husband has all but one weekend a month off. THIS is why they are wonderful. All week I look forward to this terrific family time! Most times, we stay busy with projects around the house, or my husband takes advantage of the ability to "play" in his garage... but then there are those fabulous weekends where we sleep in, eat a big breakfast, then veg out with the kids and watch some great flicks! I love both these arrangements. It is so much fun working on projects as a family. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to say that it is one of my absolute favorite things to do :) I am sorry for those beautiful little families that are unable to spend much recreational time together because of illness, too many hours in the work week, graveyard shifts.. whatever the case may be. There is so much bonding that happens during these cherished moments. This month, I was invited to participate in the simple act of naming one thing every day that I am thankful for. It has been wonderful! I find myself excited and anxious for the next day so I can post my blessings and share my joys with my family and friends. Doing this has allowed me to start every day on a positive note, and though there are days that life seems to belittle me and make it a little more difficult to feel thankful, I am always shown in some surprising small detail of the day, that I indeed am very blessed and thankful for it. I am so very thankful for a husband who is the embodiment of love, integrity, honesty, faith, devotion, compassion, and wisdom. I to, am grateful for the two sweet little cherubs that God bestowed in my care. They are my personal sunshine and have shown me that even I am capable of a self-sacrificing love that I never before could have imagined. My family is my life and the air I breathe. Each day of my wonderful life was only made possible by the love and support of my amazing parents, who raised their children with such unconditional acceptance. How fortunate am I to have been able to be brought up by my heroes? Exceptionally so! I am blessed to have found unspeakably great friends throughout my life who are indeed kindred spirits! Thank God for all those who serve this country: for their sacrifice, their bravery, and their willingness to stand up for our many many freedoms. I am forever grateful for their families, who suffer long separations from those they love, who raise children as "single" parents so that all of us can give our children a better life, a more promising future: for those who have died on the battlefield in lands far away, or our beautiful homeland, and for those who have bore the enormous sorrow of escorting these unfortunate souls home. There are truly no words to express my deep and infinite thanks. I am undoubtedly thankful for a loving and awesome God who has watched, protected, and guided me through many dark times, as well as shared my joy in the brightest of moments, who listens and heals my soul with his encompassing peace. I give thanks.
Amen. What more can one say? Amen!
ReplyDelete