
Morning has arrived once again in the Hobbs home. As I sit here revelling in a steaming cup o' joe, I hear it, that sound that insists the day has begun, the call of the wild... in other words, my son, mere days short of 17 months of age, is awake. How do I describe this little boy that doesn't just tug on my heartstrings, he resides in them. Boys are, without a doubt, much much different than girls. Not better or worse, just different. My daughter was like time... observant, calm... Jake is like the hands of the clock that never stop turning. I can't help but smile as I watch him wiggle his toes, trying as he might to entice the cat into a game of toetag, which I'm sure he would regret, and relishing the taste of brown sugar on pancakes as if it were the best thing he's ever had... Then he sits back, stretching his arms up and rubbing the back of his tiny head, and it makes me laugh, because his Father does the exact same thing. He is such a little man in the making! It never fails to amaze me, how snugly he fits into our family. You bring a baby home and in literally NO time, you can't imagine life had ever existed without them. People, aside from the regular "house fixters" often mistake Jake for a serious natured child. It's easy to see why. He is extremely shy and hardly so much as cracks a smile in the midst of company. But as soon as he is out from under unfamiliar eyes, he immediately becomes someone else! His eyes sparkle with mischief, and he begins dancing to the beat of his own drum... and I mean that quite LITERALLY! I could NOT say strongly enough what a daddy's boy he is. When his Dad is home, it's almost as if noone else exists. He follows him constantly, heel to heel. I'm so grateful for this little person, that sneaks up when I'm looking through cupboards to hug me and gently pat my back, a sweet little boy that pants at the dog, and loves to give everything "kissies". He is the beat of my heart. I am truly blessed... there is nothing like the love and experience of being a mom.
Amen to that! I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world.
ReplyDelete:) nothin' else like it
ReplyDelete